什么是美国 4: Higher Education
- A friend of double income family (family income $250K/yr) pays $200K for 4 yr under-graduate for the son in Perdue uni.
- A friend of the parents who went back to china pays $0 for the son but was awarded for $200K for 4 yrs under-graduate in Princeton uni.
- A friend of divorced, low income mon (family income $20K-30K/yr in postal office) pays miscelanous fees for 4yrs under-graduate for the son but was awarded tuition waiver + assistantship in working in campus in UCLA.
- A friend of double income (family income $250K/yr) pays $400K ($60k/yr or $2K/week) for 7 yrs doctor program for the son in Standford.
So, you can see. low income family's kids going to school get financial assistance to the fully while middle class needs to pay higher education for the kids but toiling to death everyday.
Fair or unfair? This is the U.S.A.
1. The money mentioned above is after tax.
2. The annual income is normally deducted by 50%(federal tax, state tax = 33%; social security, medicare, etc = 15-17%).
3. You can imaging how much it can be left after deducting the annual family expenditure (food, shelter, gas, auto insurance, etc).
4. So, $200k is after tax money. You may need to spend many years to accumulate it.
※ 来源： http://www.JiaoYou8.com ※